Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I'm in a band; of course I have opinions on the Grammy awards.

I've never been clear on whether or not I should be taking the Grammys as some sort of barometer for the state of music today, or if I should just ignore the whole thing and let them have their fun. But lets say for the sake of argument that the Grammy awards does actually have a finger on the pulse of modern music:

I would be forced to conclude that the whole idea of music is on life support.

BORING is what I'm saying. If boring things actually endowed a person with strength as opposed to sapping them of it, I would be so strong I could flip a fire truck. That's how bored I am with all the artists at the Grammys.

I mean it, too. I'm not just talking about popular music as delineated by the monikers "Pop" and "Country," I mean the representatives from each category were just so weak. 

Congratulations to Arcade Fire—I'm not trying to take anything away from them, they work hard and their tunes are... well, they're their tunes. It's just that they're boring. What's way more disappointing is that Neil Young and Iron Maiden each won a category. Really? No better offerings than them?

Weak.

Zach out.

No comments:

Post a Comment